San Manuel Health & Safety Hub
COVID-19 has had an unprecedented impact on countries, states, communities, and people, resulting in many challenges and difficult decisions. San Manuel Casino was the first California tribal property to temporarily suspend operations effective Sunday, March 15. In order to safeguard public health, the welfare and safety of our Tribal citizens, team members, and surrounding communities, the closure of the Tribe’s business enterprise was the only responsible course of action.
We are so excited that through the hard work and collaboration of our Tribe, Business Committee, Casino Leadership and team members, we have carefully developed a framework of standards to re-open our casino safely, thoughtfully, and in conjunction with advice from internal and external industry experts. As information and guidance on COVID-19 continues to evolve, we will also respond quickly to modify our procedures and requirements as needed.
For the health and safety of our team members and guests, we will be implementing the following temporary changes starting June 30th at 9am. pic.twitter.com/nGEgpN7BoT— San Manuel Casino (@SanManuelCasino) June 30, 2020
- Guests must wear a face covering to enter and wear it while on property. Face coverings may be removed to consume food or beverages.
- Update: Smoking (and vaping) will be limited to designated areas, which for now will be located outside of the casino.
- Update: Alcohol service will be provided at slots and table games only.
- Health screenings will be conducted upon entry. Those with a temperature of 100.4°F or above will not be allowed to enter.
- Respect social distancing with a minimum of 6 feet of distance.
- Appropriate social distancing requirements shall be visually demarcated, where possible, with signage or queue markers.
- Our maximum capacity of guests will be 2,600.
- 2,353 slot machines in operation with chairs removed to allow for social distancing.
68 table games with two positions available per table to allow for social distancing.
- Clear plexiglass has been placed between the dealer and players to increase safety measures.
- Cards will be switched out every 8 hours.
- Roulette will remain temporarily closed, though enjoy our electronic table games: Lightning Link Roulette and Fusion Auto Roulette.
- For Poker derivatives, players will no longer touch the cards.
- Chip cleaning will take place nightly, and throughout the day - previous cleaning schedule was twice per month.
Nothing is more important than the health & safety of our Tribal members, team members & the greater community. That is why we must remember to stay safe and have fun as we welcome you back to San Manuel Casino. Please continue to care for each other, as we open our doors. pic.twitter.com/LM5Da9fzoX— San Manuel Casino (@SanManuelCasino) June 13, 2020